Connection Information

To perform the requested action, WordPress needs to access your web server. Please enter your FTP credentials to proceed. If you do not remember your credentials, you should contact your web host.

Connection Type

Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd bid £40m for Napoli star; player demands £100k per week deal | Football | Sport
Published On: Fri, Oct 12th, 2018

Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd bid £40m for Napoli star; player demands £100k per week deal | Football | Sport


Transfer news LIVE | Express Sport is on hand to bring you all the latest rumours and gossip

Friday 12, October

  • Manchester United have lined up Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri
  • Calciomercato claim the club have made contact with the Italian’s agent
  • Aaron Ramsey plans to stay at Arsenal this season
  • Eric Bailly is said to be considering his options at Old Trafford
  • United have launched an approach to sign Napoli defender Faouzi Ghoulam

Man Utd bid for Faouzi Ghoulam

Manchester United have launched an approach to sign Napoli defender Faouzi Ghoulam.

That’s the audacious claiming being reported by Italian station Radio Kiss Kiss via Calciomercato, who are claiming the Red Devils have submitted a £40million bid ‘In the last hours.’

It’s said that the left-back wants £101,000 per week to join Jose Mourinho at Old Trafford – more than double his current salary.

However, it doesn’t look like this £40m offer has done the trick. Radio Kiss Kiss say that Napoli have declined the bid.

Max Allegri to Manchester United

Manchester United have lined up Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri as a potential replacement for Jose Mourinho, according to reports in Italy.

Mourinho has come under fire and was reportedly on the brink of the sack before he masterminded a stunning comeback against Newcastle last weekend.

But Calciomercato claim the club are keeping their options open, with Juve chief Allegri their first-choice if they decide to wield their axe at Mourinho.

They say United chiefs have already made contact with the Italian’s agent and were told that Allegri would be interested in taking the reins at Old Trafford.

Club officials have previously insisted Mourinho’s job is safe but that could change after the international break.

The 20-time Premier League champions have a tough run of fixtures when their players return from their countries.

They travel to Chelsea in their next outing on October 20, before two games with Allegri’s Juve in the Champions League.

Aaron Ramsey talks exit

Aaron Ramsey plans to stay at Arsenal this season and not make a cut-price January move after the collapse of contract talks.

Ramsey has revealed he had expected to extend his 10-year Arsenal stay after his camp felt a new deal had been agreed with the Gunners hierarchy.

But those talks were shelved and the Wales international is now set to become a free agent next summer.

Arsenal could attempt to cash in on the 27-year-old midfielder in the January transfer window, with top Premier League, LaLiga and Serie A clubs reportedly monitoring the situation.

But Ramsey said: “I am contracted to Arsenal and I am going to do my best now this season to try and achieve something special. Everything has been going great with the club.

“We thought we were in a position where we had agreed a deal but that’s no longer the case. So I just have to carry on playing my football and do my best for Arsenal this season, and I’ll leave the rest with the club now.”

Barcelona confirm approach

Barcelona were approached by an unnamed club over the availability of Ivan Rakitic.

Barcelona general manager Pep Segura has confirmed Rakitic was subject to interest in the summer, but that Barca rejected the offer.

“Ivan Rakitic? The club did not think about his sale, there was interest from a club but neither the player nor Barca wanted a sale,” he said.

“Spanish football has the release clauses, no other league has such a binding arrangement so there is always a danger these can be triggered.”

Eric Bailly options

Eric Bailly is said to be considering his options at Old Trafford amid growing tensions between himself and Jose Mourinho.

Bailly endured a torrid afternoon back in August when the Red Devils were beaten by Brighton at the AmEx Stadium.

And the defender was hooked after just 19 minutes against Newcastle when Mourinho’s side were two goals down last weekend.

Now, according to ESPN, Bailly is considering his options away from Old Trafford as he continues to be linked with a January exit.

The publication claims the defender wants to try and win back his place in Mourinho’s first-team, but will seek to leave if his prospects do not improve before the end of the season.

Bailly has been heavily linked with moves to Arsenal and Tottenham in recent weeks, but ESPN claim United are unwilling to sell the centre-back unless he asks for a transfer.



Source link

About the Author

-

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd bid £40m for Napoli star; player demands £100k per week deal | Football | Sport