FIFA 19 demo: Teams confirmed and rated – including Man Utd, Tottenham and Real Madrid | Football | Sport
The FIFA 19 demo has landed, with thousands of fans already flooding on to EA Sports’ newest edition of the best-selling football game franchise.
This weekend will see another raft of gamers dusting off their PS4 or Xbox One with the first of many questions posed: Who will you play as first?
Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus are among the 10 playable sides on the demo, with average ratings for every team included.
None of those three teams rank as the best side on the demo with a shock European heavyweight racking up the best average rating for their default starting XI.
Express Sport has rounded up every playable team on FIFA 19 including their default line-up average ratings:
10. Dortmund – ATT: 79, MID: 81, DEF: 79 (AVERAGE: 80)
The Bundesliga outfit aren’t as strong as they have been in recent years following the departures of key players including Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Ousmane Dembele.
9. Roma – ATT: 81, MID: 81, DEF: 81 (AVERAGE: 81)
Mohamed Salah’s former stomping ground. His move to Liverpool was replicated by Alisson, and while Roma are still solid, they lack a little bit of extra magic.
8. Manchester United – ATT: 85, MID: 83, DEF: 81 (AVERAGE: 83)
It’s clear to see where United’s strengths and weaknesses lie. A stellar frontline is hampered by a relatively hapless defence.
7. Tottenham – ATT: 85, MID: 83, DEF: 82 (AVERAGE: 83)
Harry Kane has been upgraded on the new game with plenty of gamers set to flock to Spurs on the new game.
6. Atletico Madrid – ATT: 87, MID: 83, DEF: 84 (AVERAGE: 85)
There are two 90-rated stars in the Atletico squad, but neither is Antoine Griezmann. Jan Oblak and Diego Godin are the key men.
5. PSG – ATT: 88, MID: 83, DEF: 83 (AVERAGE: 85)
Neymar and Kylian Mbappe will be a formidable pair on the new game, with Edinson Cavani’s strength still a helpful attribute in the squad.
4. Manchester City – ATT: 85, MID: 87, DEF: 83 (AVERAGE: 85)
Monster ratings for Kevin De Bruyne and David Silva have ensured they have one of the best midfields in the world.
3. Juventus – ATT: 88, MID: 84, DEF: 85 (AVERAGE: 86)
Gonzalo Higuain has left, Cristiano Ronaldo has arrived. They will be a huge draw in FIFA 19.
2. Real Madrid – ATT: 85, MID: 89, DEF: 85 (AVERAGE: 86)
Ronaldo’s departure has been largely negated by a general boost across the board for many Bernabeu stars.
1. Bayern Munich – ATT: 90, MID: 85, DEF: 85 (AVERAGE: 87)
Surprisingly, the Bundesliga champions have the highest-rated default XI on the demo. Robert Lewandowski leading the line has boosted the figures.